Sunday, May 2, 2010

Days 17 - 20

So.  Thursday morning (Day 17), I opened the store where I work part-time.  Had a 12 oz. coffee.  Met with a professor at 1:00.  Went home.  Had a whole-wheat turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mustard.  Had some strawberries.  Went back to school to study for my final on Friday.  Got a small sugar-free vanilla latte.  Then around 4:30, started vomiting.  'Cause, you know, that's what I do on Thursday afternoons now.  I had to be driven home and proceeded to vomit for roughly the next 8 hours. 

Friday morning, I called the registrar to reschedule the final I should have taken that morning.  Then a friend picked me up and took me to the doctor.  "Sounds like a bug that just wasn't completely out of your system yet.  Come back if it keeps happening."  Thank you.  That was so incredibly helpful. 

So Friday, Day 18: soup, popsicles, ice.  Then, finally Saturday, I added some strawberries and peaches.  This morning, I tried a bagel and some tea.  So far, so good.

Hopefully, whatever terrible malady had attacked my body is now done fighting and I can concentrate on finals.  I have exams on Monday, Tuesday (the rescheduled one), Thursday and Saturday this week.  Should be a hoot.  Preferably, vomit-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment