Sunday, April 25, 2010

Days 10 - 13

Where to begin. Let's see. Day 10 started by getting up at 8:30 and having an apple after a difficult night that involved mild nausea. The nausea was slight but got worse throughout the day. I endured many "maybe you're pregnant" jokes from friends and family which got me thinking about men and the freedom of being able to be nauseous, moody, and/or have breast tenderness without frantically having to do math. They don't know how good they have it.

So after my first class on Thursday, I went ahead and called in sick to work because I couldn't shake the weird feeling in my stomach. Plus, I was walking with a limp. Then I went to my second class of the day which I only managed to get through with some slow breathing and occasional head down on table. By the time it was over I thought to hell with this diet, stopped at CVS on the way home, bought some ginger ale and Pepto, got home, popped the Pepto, took a swig of ginger ale and proceeded to vomit for the next 48 hours.

I'll spare you any graphic details, but I will say that when you call your mama at the end of day 2 in tears and beg to go to the hospital because you can't take it anymore, you know you're sick. A friend of my mom's called in a prescription for me which seemed to finally make it stop and Saturday was spent with no vomiting but being too weak to walk more then 10 feet without wanting to collapse. I'm feeling much better now but I still haven't had any solid food.

So dieting has not been my concern of late, but ironically, I have technically stayed on my diet. I haven't eaten a thing!

But, oh, it was terrible.

I will decide what to do about this week. I want to keep to my goals, but I also need to take care of my body and eat what it needs to get my strength back and build back my immune system. Also, finals start Friday which throws everything out of whack. I'll need to make a new game plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment